Re: My syster reboots automatically when trying to shut it down.

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:11:39 +0300, Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος wrote:

> Thanks for the link.
>
> Unfortunately init 1  wont work .

Hum... then it can be something related to acpi :-?

> I tried bootupdate method with the boot iso cd (linux friendly) but i
> get an 'boot id's dont match'  (my bios dont have an ID!!!)..

What's "bootupdate"?

> Anyway i'll try another boot update method as soon as i locate the
> relative jumper,

There are still some things you can try... one is issuing "shutdown -P
now" instead "-h" and check if that works. You can also review if you
have the proper acpi packages installed ("dpkg -l |grep acpi") and
finally, if neither works, there are some parameters to tweak "acpi"
settings that you can pass to kernel when booting, you may Google for
that.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón