Re: X and no Keyboard (debian Squeeze)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 16:13:44 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:

>    When I say, tha I have no keyboard, I meant no keyboard for the whole
> system. I have to press the power button.

You mean the system is not responding or just that keyboard is missing
and you have to power it off?

> Orca doesn't start. The first time you have to put something in a
> config-file or just start Orca with alt+F2 for exec command and then
> use Orca's menus or whatever to make it start everytime you log in. So
> it shouldn't be Orca.

Okay, let's forget about Orca then.

>    My Xorg.0.log is attached. If that doesn't get through, please shout
>    and
> I'll either put it in a mail or upload on my webserver.

(...)

Thanks for the log.

By reading it I can see many errors coming from the VGA -as you pointed
in your first message- but what surprises me is not seeing a line about
the input drivers (keyboard and mouse) :-?

Can you put here the result of this command?

dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-input

Greetings,

--
Camaleón