Re: Rolling my own

My company is producing a value-added distribution. The base system is Debian GPL. We're adding a package that has our IP in it. We'll host a repository that maintains the Debian packages and our packages. While we could just do a "standard" distribution, we do want to change some defaults to send it out the door.

I need a CD that has the a 3.0 kernel and other more recent versions of software then is in the official repository.

Simple-CD and Debian Live Magic work great to create a minimal install iso, but how do I put the 3.0.4 kernel packages in place?

Thanks for this information.
--
Dave Higgins
--