Re: About ATI video card

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:59:47 -0400, cosme@esid.gecgr.co.cu wrote in
message
<[🔎] a27ea11e185590c35bcfb1d665631342.squirrel@sax.esid.gecgr.co.cu>:

> Hi
>
> First I want to know how I can find out about the video card or on my
> Debian squeeze.
>
> I put a video capture card is ATI AGP 64 MB.

..yes???

..chk your output of 'lspci -vvv '.

> I know how to put drivers at this or if the installed system??

..try 'aptitude install xserver-xorg-video-ati ', it should pick
one of xserver-xorg-video-r128 or xserver-xorg-video-radeon to
run the hardware, you will also want the linux-firmware packages.

> How do I can watch TV through it?? which program to use??

.._if_ it is a video capture card, you can use it to watch e.g.
your video camera's video output, or output from another pc's
video card.

..if it is a good old standard video (output) card, use it the
same way you would use a standard video card.
TV programs, I dunno, I don't watch TV.