Re: Logitech K360 keyboard NumLock behavior gets turned on by Shift keys!

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:21:15 -0400, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:

> On 09/16/2011 07:35 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> 1/ Install just "gnome-keyboard-properties" (which is part of the
>> gnome- control-center package) in XFCE. Duuno if this will pull many
>> unwanted dependencies, if yes, stop.
>
> Yes, I had already considered that, but I'm not finding a way in
> aptitude to limit this installation in any meaningful way. Looks like a
> LOT of dependencies. I wouldn't really worry about the number or size of
> the dependencies, per se, but I'm concerned that I might be adversely
> affecting my DE.

Understood. Let's discard then this option.

>> 2/ GNOME stores the values set from the "gnome-keyboard-properties"
>> applet under "/etc/X11/xkb/base.xml", maybe you can use this file also
>> in XFCE to mimic the desired key-combo behaviour :-?
>>

> On my Xfce systems that file doesn't exist. I can do some research and
> experimentation to see if something along this line may work. I'm also
> looking at the Xfce keyboard properties files to see if I might be able
> to accomplish what I want by editing them. The problem is that I'm not
> having any luck finding documentation on those files -- particularly
> with respect to implementing new features.

Mmm, I've found this:

http://wiki.xfce.org/faq#keyboard

Which seems pointing to "xfce4-xkb-plugin" package, do you already have
this one installed? At a first glance the plugin looks very similar to
"gnome-keyboard-properties", maybe you can edit the keyboard layout
options from here :-?

> I'm also doing research on XMODMAP to see if I can do something with it.
>
> Many thanks, Camaleón, for your great ideas.

You're welcome :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón