Re: USB ACM vs USB memory device conflict

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:22:50 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 02:44:28PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> I would investigate this further by reading the mobile phone's manual
>> :-?
>>
> The phone's manual instructions are to connect the usb cable and then in
> settings/tools chose USB Mass Storage.

That it is.

> My problem is that immediately upon connecting the usb cable the phone
> is choosen as a modem.

That should be normal. I mean, I understand the mobile phone is set, by
default, to act as a modem so as soon as it is connected to the PC it is
detected in that way. It should switch to mass storage afterwards.

> When I select the USB Mass Storage option the phone displays a picture
> of a phone and a pc with a dot bouncing back and forth between them but
> there is no indication on the Debian terminal of any change.  Leaving
> the phone in this mode I disconnect and reconnect the usb cable.  The
> result shown in syslog is

(...)

Okay, I've already seen that you were able to solve it (by means of rapid
connection of the cell phone when set at "USB Mass Storage Mode") on a
later post, good! :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón