Re: broadcast the signal over a network [was: Encoder for linux]

15/09/2011 16:14, cosme@esid.gecgr.co.cu:
> Hi again
>
> I will be more precise, what I want is a program that allows me from a
> radio or tv card sent to a server to broadcast the signal over a network.
>
>  O sea, es lo que hace el Codificador de Windows Media.

"vlc" seems like the perfect tool for what you want to do, have a look
at their doc [1] [2].

"Lives" can do that too, but in my experience is more complicated to set
up and less stable, with a thiner documentation. On the plus side it
supports "jack" if you want maximum audio flexibility and low latency.
See [3]

[1] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/streaming.html
[2] http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Streaming_HowTo_New

[3] http://lives.sourceforge.net/index.php?do=documentation