Re: Debian Testing usb device permission only root

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:13:49 -0500, Johnny wrote:

> I am using Debian Testing, my mp3 player mounts but i can't transfer any
> file to it, because i don't have permission to add any files. How do I
> fix this, so i have permission as a user to add file to usb devices.

It should be "automagically" done.

Attach the USB device, open a terminal and run "mount", then put here the
results.

What mp3 player is that (brand and model)? Maybe it needs to be manually
added to udev rules so the right perms are applied to it :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón