Re: Encoder for linux

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 06:08:30PM +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:06:56 -0400, cosme wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm looking for something similar to Windows Media Encoder Series 9 ES
> > in Linux.
> >
> > I'm use Debian squeeze
>
> Can't help you, since I neither know nor care what "Windows Media Encoder
> Series 9 ES" is or does.
>
> Now if you were to actually enumerate requirements...

I would imagine, judging merely by the name, that it is a Media Encoder,
probably for Microsoft Windows, though maybe it is just for encoding to
Windows Media (Video/Audio).

As you say, though, it'd hard to tell cosme's intentions. Is it just to
find a video encoder? In which case there are plenty for Linux. Is it to
find something that will encode to WMV? That may be fewer. Is it to find
something whose INTERFACE is similar to "Windows Media Encode Series 9
ES"? That may be none.

--
Darac Marjal