Logitech K360 keyboard NumLock behavior gets turned on by Shift keys!

When using a text editor like Geany I like to turn NumLock off and use the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys with the numeric keypad keys to select and move text and to move around through text.

This is the first time I've encountered a keyboard that activates the NumLock when either Shift key is depressed. So, when I press Shift-End, instead of selecting text to the end of the line, the numeral "1" is entered!

If I use this keyboard with a Windows system, the NumLock / numeric keypad all function as expected, allowing me to make proper use of the keypad in an editor.

I've used a number of other external keyboards with this system (Lenovo T520i with AMD64 image, Debian testing), and all of them exhibit the behavior I expect from NumLock -- namely that it stays off when I turn it off, and it stays on when I turn it on.

I've called Logitech support, and they say that this behavior is "unexpected".

I tried a number of the alternative Logitech keyboard layouts listed in Xfce's settings, but none of them fixes the issue. (I figured that most of the "special" keyboard layouts are for get special function keys to work, anyhow, but I thought I'd give it a shot.) Is this keyboard going to need a special driver if it is to behave properly?

I really like the keyboard. It's comfortable, tiny, and quiet. The manufacturer claims around a 3 year battery life. It's got a lot of nice features, but I'm going to have to work hard to train my fingers out of a couple of decades of practiced behavior when I'm trying to select text.