Re: Worst Admin Mistake? was --> Re: /usr broken, will the machine reboot ?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 08:51:50AM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Bryan Irvine wrote:
> >Which brings me to another fun question. What's your worst
> >administration mistake and how did you recover? -Bryan

<snip>

I've never administered anyone elses system but my own but
for several years was running different versions of Linux,
FreeBSD and Solaris x86 on the same machine (different
partitions) to get a feel for things were handled by the
different OSs. I was dismayed to find when I installed Redhat
that it used my Solaris partition as swap durring the install.
Ouch,
Mike
--
Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.