Re: autodiscover of a samba share

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:39:42 +0200, tadziu wrote:

> close, but not really.
>
> gnome nautilus discovers networks but not shares by which i mean
> particular public folders shared through a certain network - accessible
> with a single click from something that in gnome nautilus is called
> shortcuts.

That's the behaviour I get.

I first get a list of the available computers and when double-clicking
over each of them I reach the shared folders... and this has been so
since I recall :-?

> if you don't know what i mean here is a little article:
> http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/2007/10/27/
setup_samba_for_bonjour_networking_with_os_x_105_l.html

I don't get the point of the article. You can also get the samba shares
listed and ready to click on Nautilus, on the Desktop...

> so far i've managed to configure avahi so it finds samba shares through
> avahi-discovery. but i still do research how to gain functionality of
> automounting them in nautilus shortcuts the way its done after you
> double click particular samba share what i believe is mounting a samba
> share.

When using "smb://" you don't "mount" the shares, you "access" the
shares. And you can bookmark your network shares for an easy access, they
will appear listed in the left side panel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón