Re: Worst Admin Mistake? was --> Re: /usr broken, will the machine reboot ?

On 09/14/2011 01:15 AM, Bryan Irvine wrote:
Which brings me to another fun question.  What's your worst
administration mistake and how did you recover?

On ext4 resizing

- I did not put a swap partition on my laptop, just / and /home
- I decided to shrink /home to put a swap at the end
- fdisk
-- del & new smaller partition for /home, with same beginning
-- new partition at the end for swap (label 82)
- reboot
- fsck failed, resize2fs failed, all failed
- I forgot to backup during the week end
- I lost important documents...

There is a need of absolute "ext4 resizing tutorial"... :-P

--
RMA.