Re: debian 6 mp3 not sounding

On 13/09/2011 17:00, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:51:08 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

On 13/09/2011 16:21, Camaleón wrote:
(...)

It's strange, because when you experience a codec issue the file cannot
be played, you get a message like "not found any suitable codec" or
something similar which makes my wonder if you have a global problem
with your sound system and not just with mp3 files :-?

I only have files ending in ***.mp3        ***.ogg
?

locate *.wav

It's important to know if other audio files play fine or fail in the same
way.

Booted to ubuntu 11.10 and it plays immediately.
They also play fine here (lenny and wheezy) ;-)

Seem to be no coomunication between debian software and  pc hardware
Mmm... you need to run more tests before reaching a conclusion.

Greetings,

While I did some google it was found that I was not the only one.

By accident I found the problem.Funny on the icon speaker volume is full blast

Click on desktop speaker icon and then volume control. Popup - speaker is muted move indicator up and yes music.
Thanks
Johan S