Re: debian 6 mp3 not sounding

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:09:33 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

> After installation of debian 6 I tried to play an mp3 file.

Do other sound files work or just mp3 fails?

> The indicator show it is playing but no sound. I checked both speaker
> settings and they are flat out.
> Thats on movie player, rhymthbox and now even have vlc.
>
> Did some googling and installed some files. Still same.

It's strange, because when you experience a codec issue the file cannot
be played, you get a message like "not found any suitable codec" or
something similar which makes my wonder if you have a global problem with
your sound system and not just with mp3 files :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón