Re: OT - Frequency of unsolicited emails

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 08:23, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 07:58:30 -0700, MR ZenWiz wrote:

<snip>

>> It's a minor annoyance, but really, on an OS discussion list?
>>
>> Just saying....
>
> I use a dedicated e-mail for posting in mailing lists so I keep my main
> inbox off of spam messages. True is that Gmail handles this reasonably
> well.

I am on a number of mailing lists, as well as having my
email public on my website, Facebook, etc. and I have to
say GMail lets almost nothing through to my inbox. I go
for months sometimes without a spam in my inbox, and
even at the heaviest times, I get maybe a couple a week.
I also sometimes see couple a week in the tag I divert all
D-U mail to. This was the same when I got the old norm
of 900-1200 spam per month, and also now with the new
norm of 500-600 spam per month.

All in all, I can't say spam bothers me much at this point.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers