System powers off randomly

Hello List,

I'm running a Xen Host on Debian Stable. The architecture is amd64 and I'm using the standard Xen amd64 Kernel.

The system is running on an Asrock E350M1 with the AMD e350 processor (dualcore, 1,6GHz) and two memory modules with 4GB each.

The system was installed in April an was running fine. Then about two month ago from today a Kernel update was released, which I installed and rebooted the machine. From this point on the system crashes every now and than. Sometimes its up for several days sometime only for several hours. I thought of a Hardware error, but I didnt find any suspicious error messages in kern.log nor syslog. Because I installed an additional ram module at the same time, I tested it for several hours with memtest, no errors. I installed lm-sensors to watch temepratures. They were high and I installed an additional fan, which reduced temperatures by 10 degrees C. The shut-offs remain. Yesterday a new kernel update was released, I installed it, rebooted the machine and it was running fine, until today when another kernel was released, the machine crashed after a few hours. As there was only one day with the other kernel I don't know if the error was gone or just the time was too short to fail. But now I want to find the error, as I'm now thinking it might be related to the kernel.

Can you help to find this error?
How to turn on error logging for the kernel?
How could I test it?
How would I switch to the kernel, that was released yesterday?

Cheers
Thomas