Re: Hard drive bad sector warning

On 10/09/11 15:51, consul tores wrote:
2011/9/9 yudi v<yudi.tux@gmail.com>:
I would simply request for a hard disk replacement,

you will rest more relaxed after that :-)

I will definitely ask for a replacement as it's still under warranty but I
want to make sure it's not a software issue.
--
Kind regards,
Yudi

Have you tried # parted -l, fdisk works with cylinders.

Though I prefer parted, fdisk certainly does work with sectors (which is just as well, seeing as Linux doesn't work with CHS).
Try -u

Cheers

--
"It's really weird how your life changes. Tonight I'm drinking water. Four years ago? Opium. Night and day, you know?"
— Bill Hicks