Re: keyboard question..

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Lisi wrote:

On Saturday 10 September 2011 07:41:15 Thierry Chatelet wrote:
 around squeeze time!

I'm still on Lenny.  But you are right - during the install I think that it
checked keyboard with me.  I just have en-GB across the board!

lisi@Tux:~$ locale
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
lisi@Tux:~$

In KControl GB is the only option installed on the list - but I see, on
looking now, that I could ask to have several.

I used to change keyboard layout at the command line when using Live CDs,
until I learnt where a US keyboard hid the things I use most often.  I still
have difficulty with | (pipe), but have sussed the rest!  (I think that I may
just have figured that one out too!)  I can't remember what I said tho', as
this is now a while

The solution is: loadkeys /usr/share/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz

-ishwar