Re: Debian Squeeze problem with firewire_core (DV camera over FireWire)

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 03:29:10 +0200, matpro_fhkoeln wrote:

> I try to connect the Panasonic NV-GS500 over Firewire on Debian Squeeze,
> but it seems that Debian doesn't identify the camera correctly.

(...)

Are you sure the camera allows to be put in DV mode (live video
recording) and dumping the content on-the-fly to the PC?

This usually works whe using manufacturer's windows based applications
but in linux maybe you need to first store the video in the camera and
then copy the files to the computer to edit/manage them :-?

What non-linear video application are you using to capture the data flow?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón