Re: GNOME monitor layout preferences

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 11:56:47 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Is there a way to make monitor layout preferences "sticky" in the GNOME
> settings?  I have my desk physically laid out with a laptop on the right
> and a desktop panel on the left, however, when I disable the desktop
> panel to go put my laptop in my backpack, GNOME decides I really meant
> to have the desktop panel on the right.  It's not a major irritation,
> but it seems like it Should Just Remember Where I Put It™.

I'm not sure if this will work at all but you can try to save your
current session when the desktop panel is on the left with no
applications loaded, just to enforce it to remember the layout and icons
position.

If that does not work, you can check the x/y coordinates of the gnome
panel from g-conf editor (apps/panel/toplevels/panel_0/).

Hum... it seems to be a feature that's still on the xrandr "todo" list:

http://live.gnome.org/RandR#Keying_monitor_configurations

Greetings,

--
Camaleón