Re: Hard drive bad sector warning

I would just return-back the unit. It is clearly new (less than 400 hours
of use!) and should not throw any error nor message about its SMART
health. This does not have to mean a bad drive per se, of course, but
better safe than sorry. If a new unit still fails, I would recheck the
cable and/or disk connectors.

I am not sure how the warranties on hard drives work. I spoke to the retailer and he reckons it has to go back to the manufacturer. There is a wait of 2 weeks.

As I mentioned earlier, last time I got this error I wrote random data to the drive and just before taking it back I ran the tests again using the WD tool. It came back with no errors. This is what is confusing. I expected it to register bad sectors after wiping the whole drive as well.

--
Kind regards,
Yudi