Re: iceweasel and gmail

On Friday 09 September 2011 08:53:21 Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 07:09:19 +0100
> Sharon Kimble <skimble04@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Sharon,
>
> > message ...... You are using an old version of Firefox that Gmail no
> > longer supports. Some features may not work correctly..... are there
> > any plans for upgrading iceweasel to get round this problem, or should
>
> Ignore it, everything works fine.  It's a standard message used so that
> google (and other companies) don't have to check their software against
> too many browser variants.

Using Lenny, I have actually had problems.  Konqueror has alwasys been
problematic.  Iceweasel has always been fine, until recently (after I had
installed Google Chrome0.  Iceweasel is now problemtic, so I groan and use
Google Chrome for Gmail, but use it less and less for oither thgings as
dsilike has grown from using it - I actually liked it better than Iceweasel
at first - it opens a lot faster - but have become more and more
disillusioned with it and now use it for the BBC and GMail only.

Lisi