Re: Curlftpfs replacement?

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 14:52:06 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 10:43:06 -0400, Robert Blair Mason Jr. wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > I do know that FTP doesn't use any encryption unless you use TLS,
> > which the servers I'm connecting to appear to use.  My primary
> > motivation for mounting FTP is to make it easier for me to browse
> > and edit files on a few websites I'm working on.
>
> (...)
>
> What happened with the old-good-style of storing the website files
> locally, run the required tests in a local environment to avoid
> messing up the working production site and once all the testings are
> done upload the files to the web server by means of a sftp client? :-)

My laziness happened, that's what!

Anyways, 99% of the time my changes are only content changes, not
actually making major breaking changes.  I like to live
dangerously :-D.  Seriously though, it's just for a few clubs at school,
if it breaks and there's 5 minutes of downtime while I try to fix it,
noone loses an eye.

Looking at the code for fusepy.  It's simple enough I might just code
up a FTP module for fun...

--
rbmj