Re: How does one adjust the "maximum number of clients reached" using GTK libraries?

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:50:01 +0100, AG wrote:

> Today during a period when I had a number of various application windows
> open in Gnome on Debian stable (LibO, Iceweasel with about 6 tabs,
> acroread with 3 tabs, and Korganizer) I attempted to open an image using
> Geeqie.  This failed.  Using a terminal window I tried to open Geeqie
> again on the command line and this yielded a message (to the effect of)
> "maximum number of clients reached" and something about GTk.
>
> However, after closing a window I could then use Geeqie.  This is really
> strange - my system is running 2.84Gb of RAM, and 2.8 Gb of swap so it
> surely cannot be a memory issue.  But I don't know what it is.  The
> current uptime just over 10 days.
>
> Any ideas on what this is about would be gratefully received.

Hum... never happened before :-?

Google has some hints for you:

http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&complete=0&site=webhp&source=hp&q=maximum+number+of+clients+reached&btnK=Google+Search&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=3e82efc6cc141df0&biw=1280&bih=888

Greetings,

--
Camaleón