Re: Mistype into shell..........

 On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:02:44 +0200 "jacques jacques@lavignotte.org"
 suggested this:

>Le 08/09/2011 07:59, Charlie a écrit :
>
>> I can type anything I want into that shell and it responds with>
>
>You opened a string with ' then the shell expects another ' to close.
>
>You need to close the string opened with ' by another '
>
>$
>$ blah '
> >
>'
>$
>
>            Jacques

Thanks Jaques,

I tested it when I was first informed that was the solution and it
works. Also tested Ctrl + c and that works.

It will save me the "oh bugger" factor when I've done it in the past and
then trying keystrokes of all kinds and never the right ones to get me
back to the prompt. Then after some frustration finally killing the
shell and restarting another to do the work I wanted.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Whether the flower looks better in the nosegay than in the meadow where
it grew and we had to wet our feet to get it! Is the scholastic air any
advantage? ....Henry David Thoreau