Re: Rethinking Personal Information Management - Advice and Ideas needed

http://www.org-mode.org/ should help.  It's a swiss army knife of tools
and still in active support.  One of the things it can do is to handle
contacts and calendars well.  If you've ever studied gtd in the project
management context there's a tutorial that will show you how to
implement gtd on your computer using a single text file and
emacs-orgmode.

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Alan Chandler wrote:

> On 08/09/11 11:54, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> > Why not use org-mode?
>
> What does that mean?  Could you be a little more explicit
>
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Alan Chandler wrote:
> >
> > > For a little while now I have been slightly concerned that contact/address
> > > book management and calendar management is somewhat exposed - in that it
> > > only
> > > exists in my iPhone.

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet
of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's
got God on his side."
~ Bill Hicks