RE: location dhcpd.conf

Hi,

[.....]

> And there are also some nice docs for each package and README files ;-)

Which I would read if I were unfamiliar with the software. Which I'm not. ;-)

>>> IIRC, there was a transition from "dhcp3-client" (package available for
>>> lenny) to "isc-dhcp-client" (in squeeze) so the mess could had been
>>> generated because of that.
>>
>> Maybe someone can update the change log for the dhcp system to reflect
>> the change in config file location. Fortunately I do not run too much
>> different packages on our systems so there are not too many packages to
>> check.

> The changelog reflects the changes done in a package while in this case
> there two packages providing the same service, so deciding what to keep
> and what to install is up to the user/admin.

Normaly I would agree but in this case the upgrade changed dhcp3-server into isc-dhcp-server for me. So I would have liked to read somewhere logical that the config file location had been changed.
Oh well, if that's all I'm going to run into then upgrading the next bunch of servers should be a piece of cake. ;-)

Bonno Bloksma