Iceweasel's security.checkloaduri; was Re: File URIs;

*	From: Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com>
*	Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:09:58 +0000 (UTC)
> ... opening file:// links from
> http:// documents. That is disabled by default for security reasons, but
> can be enabled by toggling the value of the "security.checkloaduri"
> configuration preference. Go to the special URL "about:config" to change
> it if you wish.

Appears that a user isn't allowed to change security.checkloaduri
in this system.  I resorted to changing it in
/etc/iceweasel/pref/iceweasel.js.  Still the file URI would not
open.

Google found this.
  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/locallink/
Is there a LocalLink addon for Iceweasel or some other way to solve this?

Thanks,                         ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca