Re: Re: Capability of Iceweasel to open a local file.

*	From: "Carl Fink" <carl@finknetwork.com>
*	Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:30:21 -0400
> The first is a valid URL now, if you have a web server on your local box.
> The second is not valid under the definition of URLs.

My message at Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:58:42 -0800 corrected the URI to
file://localhost/home/peter/blah.html and file:///home/peter/blah.html.

According to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1738 , Uniform Resource Locators (URL),
"A file URL takes the form:
       file://<host>/<path>
As a special case, <host> can be the string "localhost" or the empty
   string; ..."

Unless I've missed something in a later RFC my corrected URIs are correct.

Thanks,                          ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca