Re: Samba or NFS--tangent

On 06/04/2011 12:48 AM, Doug wrote:
[snip]

No, I don't have a network up. As I said, I really don't know anything
about networks. What I want is not only file sharing,
but the ability to use the Win 7 machine as a print server. (Linux is
not fit to be a print server since it takes forever to
print .pdf's. Maybe someday. . . .) Also, the Win 7 machine is closer to
the printers, which are hard-wired. All of the machines
are connected by ethernet

But you say at the beginning of the paragraph that you don't have a network "up". Misprint?

                           or wireless. but the printers don't have either.

corrupt."