Re: google to pull support for firefox 3,5

On 20110602_222757, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 13:21 -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> > On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:49:18 +0200, Ralf Mardorf
> > <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> > >Unfortunately there seems to be no search engine able to replace
> > >Google's search engine.
> > >
> > >E.g.
> > >http://www.ixquick.com/
> > >and
> > >http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm
> > >can't replace Google for my needs.
> > >
> > >Btw. I talk homepages down that use trackers, such as Google analytics.
> > >

> > Google will stop supporting older browsers for their Google Apps
> > application, not their search engine.  I am sure you will be able to
> > continue using any old browser you can find to use Google Search.
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> My reply was regarding to "reminds me to start migrating away from their
> products and start treating them as Microsoft's", regarding to Google's
> behaviour in general.

I wonder if Google keeps track of whether or not a particular user has
javascript enabled and charges advertisers different rates, based on
the 'quality' of the prospective customer from an advertisers point of
view. Like maybe some advertisers don't really want to have the
aggrevation of dealing with Linux users. ;-0 Maybe some advertisers
might actually want a refund. I feel so sorry for Google! So, so sorry!

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net