Re: udev bug in Wheezy

On 06/01/2011 12:43 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:27:24 +0200, maderios wrote:

On 05/30/2011 10:01 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2011 21:37:14 +0200, maderios wrote:

I first sent this message in french language, sorry for my mistake....
I tried for the umpteenth time to return to Wheezy but I still have
this problem with udev, which slows down the machine. The boot log
shows that there is a problem.

And the problem is...? What does the boot log say? :-)
Hi
I sent the log in attachment..........

True! Sorry, I somehow missed it.

Am I the only one concerned? I doubt it .. How are things going with
you? Is there a solution? Thank's for any help PS: udev does not
appear in the log of the boot of Squeeze and the machine is not slowed
down at all

You will have to provide more data. I'm with Wheezy and have no
problems nor had noticed any regression (slow down) when booting :-?

I think my last message was rejected as spam, so I post it again. My
hardware is recent (sandy bridge)
The machine is not not slowed down on the boot but later, when using
Digikam  for example. I've no udev problem with Squeeze.

You mean it becomes slow when you connect your camera and open Digikam or
just becomes irresponsive as soon as you open the application?

I posted  the boot log /var/log/boot here: http://pastebin.com/v8AsbG96

Wow... udev is very verbose. There are some warnings printed out but I
don't think they're fatal. Besides the verbosity I see no other errors,
but maybe it's worth reporting.

Anyway, it is not clear to me the relation you see between udevd messages
at boot and the slowness you experience later :-?

Greetings,

Hi
I discover I've no /run directory in my Wheezy.....
I installed my first Debian 11 or 12 years ago (it was a "Potatoe") and then I updated every year. Squeeze has no /run directory for udev and the update from Squeeze to Wheezy didnt create /run. I thought it's time to install a new Debian/Wheezy. It's done (with Debootstrap). Now, I've no problem with udev but with nvidia driver.
 Trivial problem, routine .....
Thanks for your answer
Greetings
Maderios