Re: aptitude/apt-get hangs during update (plus) on IPv6

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:42:49 +0200
Pascal Hambourg <pascal.mail@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Jeffrey B. Green a écrit :
> >
> > I'm seeing if there is an alternate answer here before filing a
> > bug. (I believe) All of the servers here that have IPv6 configured
> > hang while attempting an update on security.debian.org. If I turn
> > off IPv6 by deconfiguring the IPv6 address, then the update goes
> > through fine.
>
> It could be an MTU/MSS issue. See the recent discussion in the
> debian-ipv6 list with subject "schein.debian.org" [2001:4f8:8:36::6].

Many thanks. Changing the MTU to 1480 as suggested worked. Indeed as
was mentioned my connection to the IPv6 network is via a tunnel and I'm
assuming as a poster commented that someone on the path is not handling
the packaging correctly.

-jeff