Re: M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 Realtek ALC892 - No sound(mostly)

On 17/05/11 03:35, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2011 06:45:37 +1000, Adrian Levi wrote:
>
>>> Are you sure the output jack is in the right socket? These multi-input/
>>> ouput audio cards are going to get us crazy :-)
>> I know, most of us only have 2 ears... (Yes it's in the right socket
>> although i try the other non mic ones as well).
> Very true :-)
>
> With all this high definition audio interfaces around us, we almost have
> forgotten how it sounded the old cassette tapes and how happy we were
> with that "crusty" sound.
>
>>> I would start for the easiest thing, that is, edit "/etc/modprobe/alsa-
>>> base.conf" and add to the bottom:
>>>
>>> options snd-hda-intel model=asus
>> I have tried a few of these but as I can mute and unmute the mic I
>> thought I'd be closer than that, I can see all of the other channels in
>> alsamixer, under gnome I can even switch between the SB and HDMI cards.
>>
>>> Then reload the alsa module to apply the changes.
>>>
>>> (available "model=" values can be retrieved from "/usr/share/doc/alsa-
>>> base/driver/HDA-Audio-Models.txt.gz" so you can test with many options,
>>> like "6stack-digout", "asus-dig2", etc...).
>> Ok, in all of my playing with linux I haven't had to do much with
>> modules (probubly just lucky) I tried root@gemini:~# modprobe -rv
>> snd_hda_intel && modprobe -v snd_hda_intel FATAL: Module snd_hda_intel
>> is in use.
>>
>> How to make the module not in use? I don't have any sound applications
>> open, I also tried unloading the snd module with the same mesage.
> Realoading the alsa module makes only sense if you modified something in
> your "/etc/modprobe/alsa-base.conf" so the changes can be applied ;-)
>
> Anyway, you can try with "alsa reload", instead.
>
> Greetings,

Sorry to have hijacked this thread days later, but I basically have the
same issue and I can't work where I messed my sound up. I tried
reinstalling alsa-base but no sound.

I've got one of the SB EMU10K1X driver which just stopped working when I
upgraded my system to wheezy. I'm not sure what more information I need
to provide but when I do alsa reload I get this warning ;
> Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi
> snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device
> (failed: modules still loaded: snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi
> snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device).
> snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer
> snd-seq-deviceWARNING: All config files need .conf:
> /etc/modprobe.d/sound, it will be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/sound, it will
> be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
> FATAL: Module snd_seq_midi not found.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/sound, it will
> be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/sound, it will
> be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
> FATAL: Module snd_rawmidi not found.
> FATAL: Error running install command for snd_rawmidi
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/sound, it will
> be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/sound, it will
> be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/sound, it will
> be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/sound, it will
> be ignored in a future release.
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
>  (failed).

I changed the sound file in /etc/modprobe.d to sound.conf. That file has
got this;
> alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1

I'm on kernel 2.6.38. Would this be an issue? I'm not too sure what I
might have messed with but I desperately tried fixing this but I'm not
sure if I didn't cause the damage myself as I am on a tight time
constraint and just need my sound back.

I've also tried the Real-linux-audiopack-5.16 option suggested at
http://wiki.debian.org/ALSA but to no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

--

David Kinyua.

~Blessed are the young, for they will inherit the national debt. ~ Herbert Hoover