Re: Adobe flash sound issues

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:01:27 +0300, John Kapnogiannis wrote:

> Hello there. I got an annoying problem with flash sound. On some
> services (eg Grooveshark) I hear scratches and deformities during
> playback. The actuall track is
> heard on the background though. I have flash installed through the
> flashplugin-nonfree packages. The problem even exists on Google Chrome,
> which is supposed to
> use a flash installation of its own. As far as I know flash version is
> not the latest. I am using Debian testing on a Dell Studio 1555 laptop
> with kde and alsa.

I would first check if you have installed the latest version (for linux
that's now "10.3.181.14"):

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

If not, try with the most updated flash player from Adobe.

> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (rev 03) : This is what lspci gives me about my sound card.
> This may be related
> to my problem, cause for a few weeks vlc gives me an error that the
> soundcard is already in use when another sound is already playing.

"lsof | grep snd" will tell you if there is some sound process opened.

> In case you need more info, just tell.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> John
>
> P.S: Please CC me in your replies cause I am not subscribed to this
> mailing list

Sorry but I can't :-(

You can read the mailing list archive.

Greetings,