Re: Keeping stable stable.

On 06/01/2011 04:07 PM, R. Clayton wrote:
I'm running squeeze on a system, and I'd like to keep the system on the stable
release independent of what the release is called.  I changed all non-commented
appearances of "squeeze" with "stable" in sources.list; do I need to do
anything else?  Is this the right approach to take for a perpetually stable
system?

I'd stick with Squeeze in sources.list. That way you can upgrade to the next Stable release at your convenience.

If you use "stable" instead of "squeeze," your system will be less stable because the upgrade procedure is more complicated than changing sources.list and doing a dist-upgrade, and you could risk breakage when Stable switches from Squeeze to Wheezy.