Re: About MBR in usb

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 09:18:42AM -0400, cosme@esid.gecgr.co.cu wrote:
> Following the steps to make a memory USB booteble
>
> Using syslinux /dev/sdx5 and install-mbr / dev / sdx
>
> I copy the portfolios boot and gparted
>
> adding ISO of they Owed squeezy, when I restart for bootear for this
> device it puts me the following thing.
>
> MBR FA: and later MBR 1234F:
>
> Me inmagino that has to do with the mbr of USB seems to be that he/she
> gives problems.
>

> What could it be happening????

I don't know the answer to your question, but did you know that there is
a project specifically for Debian on a USB?  It is Debian Live.  There
are prebuilt images available for download, or you can make your own
using live-build or live-magic, or you can make your own using the web
tool:  http://live-build.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-build

In order to save your files, settings, and changes to the live system,
you need to enable "persistence".

There is also a debian-live mailing list.

-Rob