Re: Need help with approx configuration changes for squeeze

Le Friday 06 May 2011 07:15:37 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr., vous avez écrit :
> In <20110505230413.GA4116@big.lan.gnu>, Paul E Condon wrote:

> >> volatile.debian.org is no longer used.  Instead use the "stable-updates"
> >> repository on the master archive or one of it's mirrors.
> >
> >So the replacement line in approx.conf should be
> ...nonexistant.  You'll use the "debian" entry. So, you'll list:
> deb http://localhost:9999/debian/stable
> AND instead of your volatile entry you'll use:
> deb http://localhost:9999/debian/stable-updates

I'd say better :

deb http://localhost:9999/debian squeeze main
AND instead of your volatile entry you'll use:
deb http://localhost:9999/debian squeeze-updates main

1) use the name of the stable release, it will help you not having troubles
2) squeeze and squeeze-updates are what's called a suite, it's after the URL
in the deb line.
3) you also need the archive area, at least main, but you can add contrib and

Approx just has to know where is the Debian root archive. So no changes, and
you can use the same entry for lenny and squeeze.