Re: Ubuntu Versions

Hello,

On 07/04/11 01:58, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 04/06/2011 06:39 PM, Tom H wrote:
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Rob Owens<rowens@ptd.net> wrote:

With Ubuntu (I believe) you get "5 years for a server" and "3 years for
a desktop" if you go with an LTS release. What packages are server
packages and what ones are desktop packages? I don't know. It would be
nice to see a list somewhere.

Server = X-less so WM-less, DE-less, GUI-less

How exactly is an X-less Ubuntu different than Debian Stable?

As Ubuntu can run without X stuff, Debian can run without it as any other Un*x distribution.

An X-less Debian stable may be more stable (solid rock) than an X-less Ubuntu,
in that way an X-less is more appropriate for a server.

Jerome