Re: Ubuntu Versions (was: Re: Let's say you never want to upgrade from Lenny...)

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 03:03:41PM -0400, Matt Harrison wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
> <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> > On 2011-04-05 12:24:39 Matt Harrison wrote:
> >>
> >>Are we seriously going to argue about which version of Ubuntu is
> >>supported for how long?
> >
> > I think it is reasonable to discuss, if a little OT.
> >
> >>Who cares?
> >
> > Someone that doesn't necessarily want to upgrade on Debian's schedule.  With
> > Ubuntu, you can get 5 years, as opposed to Debian's ~3 years.  With SLE* you
> > can get 10 years.  I'm not sure about RHEL, but I think it is roughly a SLE*
> > timeframe.

. . .

> All fine points....here you go:

As regards Debian users, the pros and cons of another distro vis-a-vis their
system is legit.

As regards Ubuntu users seeking Debian advice, I think they should establish
a debuntu-users list.  But that is irrelevant to this thread.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody