Re: [OT] Re: OpenOffice.org - how to install additional languages?

On 04/04/2011 11:35 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:03:51 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 04/04/2011 09:34 AM, Camaleón wrote: [snip]
here in Spain :-P. Of course the official language(s) of every country
is the only one valid for legal issues and administrative tasks, that's
understandable.

You haven't been to the US...

You mean I can enforce, for example, a trial to be driven in Spanish|
French|Japanese|... in any of the states?

There is no official language of the United States. People at the state and local level who try to pass such measures are vilified as racist haters of Hispanics.

Currently, non-English speaking defendants have the right to an interpreter. If the immigrant speaks an obscure language and the Court can't find an interpreter in a reasonable time, the defendant goes free because of the "speedy trial" clause of the 6th Amendment.

As the Reconquista of Azatlan proceeds apace, I predict that there will be Spanish-language courts in the Southwest by the time my "tween" children have there children.

corrupt."