Re: Debian Newbie need help - belated thank you to all

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to say thank you to all of
you who offered some guidance - pressure of obligations in may
areas cut into my time somewhat. I have decided to give Debian a
miss yet again. I really is a bit too cumbersome. I am not new to
computing with over 30 years experience. A lot of that was as a
system support programmer on large mainframes, programming in HEX
and Assembler, so heaven help an absolute beginner.

I've got Fedora doing what I need for now and use Puppy 4 to rescue
family and friends who have managed to mess up Windows.  I still
think that all distros ought to take a leaf from Puppy's book and
give the graphics options on the setup screen. Puppy, so far,
manages to identify both card and monitor capabilities correctly.

Regards,

P3qwestra