Re: ssh between computers on my home network

On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 17:33:04 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> On Sunday 03 April 2011 16:52:14 Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> And also the reverse, from "Dozy" try to ping "Tux" (ping -c 3
>> 192.168.0.2).
>
> Wow!  Could you explain how you knew that?  I might recognise it myself
> another time!!

I've just read that you finally put all the pieces of the puzzle in the
right order by yourself :-)

I noticed something wrong when Shawn cleverly asked you for the result of
"ip addr" command. There you can see the real IPs for the machines:

- Tux was 192.168.0.2
- Junior was out (no result from ip adrr)
- Dozy was 192.168.0.33

There was no track for "192.168.0.3" nor "192.168.0.8" (the first hosts
you wanted to reach) so the only thing we could do was trying to ping the
hosts with "known" IP addresses and hope the results of that test
provided any additional clue... which finally did.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón