Re: ssh between computers on my home network

On Sunday 03 April 2011 17:33:04 Lisi wrote:
> machine .33 would be the third  DHCP number allocated by the router.  It
> does not currently exist.  I could find three machines to connect by DHCP,
> if the third would make a difference of some kind!

I hang my head in shame! :-(

All that was needed was the installation of openssh-server and a better memory
on my part.  (I had intended to change from the default  Debian choice of
DHCP  - and thought that I had done so.)  Not mention reading the output
before I post it.

Thanks Jochem for solving the problem, Camaleón for spotting my error over IPs
and all of you, including Frank and shawn, for your remarkable patience.

I am truly contrite about the noise. :-(

An exam is involved in this - I need ot be able to access one machine from
another, and I always panic about exams. :-(  Yes, it is remarkably stupid to
be panicking at my age about an exam whose result really doesn't matter in
the great scheme of things, but my irrational self still wins. :-(

I apologise profusely.

Lisi