Re: ssh between computers on my home network

On Sunday 03 April 2011 11:15:06 Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Lisi:
> > The Debian computers can be neither pinged nor ssh'd to.  This is
> > presumably because of some setting that Debian puts in place by default,
> > but I can't find where or what.
>
> Debian doesn't install a firewall/packet filter by default. You just
> need to install openssh-server in the machine you want to ssh into and
> it should work. If you aren't even able to ping the machine in question,
> then I suppose there's some system in between blocking the access.  In
> order for us to help you with that, you need to describe your network
> better.

It is very minimal.  I have a 4 port modem-router (192.168.0.1).  Then each of
up to 7 computers connected, 3 or 4 via cat5e, up to 4 via homeplug or via
wireless.

Occasionally I have a visitor who logs in via wireless and DHCP.

Sorry, Jochen.  I got called away and didn't remnember that I hadn't sent
this.

Lisi