Re: wheezy downloading

On 3 April 2011 12:18, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On 04/02/2011 11:02 PM, ZHAO Lina wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  From which links I can download wheezy or sid?
>>

> I don't think there's such a thing as a Sid ISO, since it's always in flux.
>
> Regarding links, are you asking where "the" link is, or are you asking where
> is the one that's closest to you?  In either case, Google Is Your Friend.
>  First choice when Googling "Debian testing iso".

+1. but the testing iso cannot be downloaded  in a chinese site( the
repos site in China only have stabel(squeeze) iso.)

links:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/

>> BTW, do I really necessary to burn 8 DVD to install the stable version
>> (p.s no internet connection).
>>

> To *install* it?  No.  You only *need* the first disk.  But w/o an Internet
> connection, you should think about burning more than disk 1.

you can burn only 1st iso , and then  download all other ISOs,
after installing the Debian , mount the iso and install packages from
HARD DISK.