Re: OpenOffice.org - how to install additional languages?

On 2011-04-02, Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/04/11 09:00, Lisi wrote:
--- SNIP ---
>> When is English English going to get a look in??  I work in OOo without a
>> spell checker because I am so fed up with being told that honor is right and
>> honour is wrong, fantasize is right and fantasise is wrong.  Etc.  And I like
>> to use a spell checker because I am a lousy typist and an even worse
>> proof-reader.
>>
>> My lovely Kmail spell checker just tried to correct honor and fantasize!!
>>
>> US, OK.  I don't like it, but they are numerous.  But Australian, Canadian,
>> New Zealand and South Africa get a mention and we don't.  It is called
>> English. Surely the English English should get a look in??
>>
>> Lisi
>>

> openoffice.org-l10n-en-gb

That package is for localisation of the user interface. From the package

"Spelling dictionaries, hyphenation patterns, thesauri and help are not
included in this package. There are some available in separate packages
(myspell-*, openoffice.org-hyphenation-*, openoffice.org-thesaurus-*,
openoffice.org-help-*)"

(Hmmm ... "thesauri"? Must spell check that ... )

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland