Re: Debian was hacked: The Canterbury Distribution

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:17:42 +0100, Lisi wrote:

>> > 04/01/11 !
>>
>> What does the 4th of January have to do with it??!!!!
>
> Perhaps on an international list we should say the month names as Liam
> has here.  Otherwise one is playing guessing games to work out the
> upbringing of any writer who uses an ambiguous form for the date.  In
> this case the context made guessing easy, but that is rarely the case.

Not only date format can be a problem but its full meaning, as not every
country is aware of this "special day".

Here in Spain we celebrate it on December 28th instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day#Other_prank_days_in_the_world

Greetings,

--
Camaleón