OpenOffice.org - how to install additional languages?

Howdie, fellow Debianites!

I'm running stock Gnome/Squeeze and would like to have spell-checkers and thesauri enabled in my OpenOffice for a couple other languages besides English and Slovenian (my native language). I've installed all the language-related and OpenOffice.org-related and italian-related packages I could think of, but still no go. What do I have to do to have multilanguage (specifically, Italian language) support in OpenOffice? Does Debian provide for that, or do I have to download stuff manually from the openoffice.org website?

Help much appreciated. I am quite at a loss here.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.